Please contact the Family Life Office at least 6 months prior to your wedding to register for your Pre-Cana Retreat..
PLEASE NOTE: You must first be interviewed by your priest or deacon celebrating your marriage, then, register for your Pre-Cana classes as soon as possible. Space is limited.
Among the topics coved in the Pre-Cana retreat are:
- Sacramental Love and engagement
- Vocation discernment
- Sacrament of Marriage
- Effective and meaningful communication
- The virtues in conjugal life
- The gift of human fertility
- Responsible family finances
- Educating children in God's love
- Living a life of faith and evangelization
- Legal matters
To register for any of the Pre-Canas or Convalidation Retreats, please visit the main page of the Family Life Ministry, download the registration form, fill it out, and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach an electronic copy of your picture identifications as well as a copy of your Paypal receipt. For your convenience, the Paypal button is located on the same webpage you found the registration form.
Natural Family Planning
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops mandates that each diocese in the United States "help couples deepen conjugal love and achieve responsible parenthood through both education and pastoral care." In response, the diocesan office offers the following:
- Introductory NFP education within the context of Catholic moral and sacramental teaching on human sexuality, marriage and family life
- A Follow-up visit with NFP instructor
- NFP material for all enrollees in classes
The mission of the Understanding Sexuality Program is to evangelize based on the Church's teachings on reproduction and the sanctity of human sexuality. Currently this program offers:
- Distribution of educational materials
- The Respect Life Program serves as a resource for both clergy and laity to address all pro-life issues from conception to natural death.
- 2022 January Pro-Life Rosary Walk and Holy Hour -Please call the office to confirm this event
- Life Chain -Please call the office to confirm this event
- October Respect Life educational material and Mass at all parishes
- Distribution of educational materials on parenting and human sexuality in English and Spanish
- Different activities to involve children, families and individuals throughout the year in the pro-life movement
Family Support Program
The Family Support Program's mission is to enrich marriages by providing spiritual and moral guidance to the sacramental union and focus on its call to Faith and Love. An appointment is necessary to meet with Deacon Eduardo Raines or the Counselor. Please call the office for detailed information. Individual spiritual accompaniment is also availble. Please call the Family Life Office to schedule an appointment
2022 Wedding Anniversary Mass~Please call the office to confirm this event