How YOU can help the Diocese of Laredo!
- Make a gift of stock or real property
- Leave a legacy, add the Catholic Diocese of Laredo as a beneficiary in your will
- Volunteer to be a CSA or stewardship coordinator for your parish or mission
- Contribute to an existing Burse Fund for seminarian education or create your own family Burse Fund to ensure that there will be funds to educate future priests for our parishes and missions
Catholic Sharing Appeal
The annual Catholic Sharing Appeal is one means by which disciples express their gratitude to God for his many gifts, and demonstrate solidarity with the mission of the Holy Catholic Church in the Diocese of Laredo.
In addition to the direct support you provide the Church in your weekly offering, each gift you make to the Diocese of Laredo Catholic Sharing Appeal extends the mission of the Church, beyond the boundaries of your parish or mission, to teach, to sanctify and to serve, our brothers and sisters in seven counties.
Click here for more information about the CSA
Another opportunity to support the mission of the Diocese of Laredo and ensure the future teaching of our Catholic faith is through your estate plan.
A bequest is one of the simplest ways to make a charitable gift which supports the ministry of the Church for future generations. Remembering the Diocese in your will creates an everlasting testament of your Christian faith and stewardship.
There are several ways to make a bequest to the Diocese in your will.
- You can name a specific dollar amount you would like given to the Diocese.
- You can designate a specific piece of property, such as your home, as a gift to the Diocese.
- You might define your bequest as a percentage of your gross estate. For example, a tithing bequest of at least 10% of your gross estate, would provide that even though the value of your estate may fluctuate, the portion that will eventually go the Diocese of Laredo will remain constant.
- You can name the Diocese of Laredo as the recipient of your residual estate-a gift of all the "rest, residue and remainder" of your estate after all other bequests, debts and taxes have been paid.
You may also consider naming the Catholic Diocese of Laredo as a beneficiary on your existing or future bank accounts, trusts, life insurance plans or retirement accounts.
Gifts of Stock or Real Property
When the weight of material wealth has become a burden, or when the accumulation of earthly riches is appreciated as an opportunity to return our blessings to the Lord with increase, consider a transfer or sale of stock or real property to support the mission of the Church.
The Diocese of Laredo, through its financial advisors, can assist you with the simple process for making these gifts an investment in the future or our Catholic ministries and programs.
Each year, the Diocese of Laredo receives gifts in the form of grants which support the work of its ministries, parishes and schools. Since its establishment in the Jubilee Year 2000, the Diocese of Laredo has been designated a Mission Diocese, serving one of the poorest regions in the United States. For this reason, the Diocese of Laredo has been a recipient of funding support from the U.S. Council of Catholic Bishops through grants from national collections held each year in your parish and mission. These include the collection for the nation's Home Missions and the Black and Indian Missions Collection. Additional support is received from donors to the Catholic Church Extension Society and other local foundations and organizations.